Why Gulf Shores High School?
Gulf Shores High School is committed to creating a learning environment that produces well-educated students with a sense of responsibility, knowledge, skills, techniques, attitudes, and values that students will need to be productive citizens of the future.
As a four-year high school, Gulf Shores High School community is committed to fostering a safe and nurturing environment in which all students can achieve their greatest potential in every endeavor. We are dedicated to developing confident, well-rounded, life-long learners ready to become productive individual contributors and the leaders of tomorrow.
GSHS provides courses and a rigorous college preparatory program for its academically diverse students. In a supportive environment that promotes respect and responsibility, students also develop through a rich performing and creative arts program and a wide variety of extracurricular and athletic activities.
Gulf Shores High School is dedicated to the promotion and achievement of academic excellence.
- Strive to create a secure and supportive environment which promotes the intellectual, emotional, and physical well-being of all members of the school community
- Celebrate diversity and encourage tolerance and respect for individual and cultural differences, …uphold the tenets of a democratic society
- Provide our students with experiences that enable them to make ethical choices and function in our ever-changing and technological world
- Foster the development of critical thinking, problem solving, creativity and love of learning
- Encourage the recognition of learning as a life-long process.
Gulf Shores High School will continue to cultivate these ideals and invites all members of the school community to share in this endeavor.